CHARLOTTE (QUEEN CITY NEWS) — Two firefighters sustained minor injuries while working to put out a two-alarm fire in south Charlotte, according to the Charlotte Fire Department.
Officials reported smoke and fire when they arrived at an apartment in the 4500 block of Hedley Way off Quail Hallow Road around 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 5.
It took more than 50 firefighters to control the incident in about one hour. Authorities said a total of five apartments were burned.
Officials said they believe an unattended candle near “combustible material” accidentally caused the fire. No civilians were injured and it is estimated that $1 million of damage occurred.