STATESVILLE, N.C. (QUEEN CITY NEWS) — Iredell County Sheriff’s deputies stopped an SUV making multiple traffic violations and arrested a reported gang member last week.
Deputies observed Dwight Connie Reed’s 2023 Jeep Wrangler on Interstate-77 south near the 61-mile marker, making multiple traffic violations.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW: Sign up here for QC News Alerts and get breaking news sent straight to your inbox
Deputies stopped Reed and learned he was listed in the National Database by the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) as a violent criminal gang member. Deputies arrested the Buffalo, N.Y. resident, with 28 pounds of high-grade marijuana, on March 22.
Reed was transported to the Iredell County Detention Center. Reed received a $300,000 secured bond; his first court date is set for April 12.
Reed is facing charges of:
- Felony trafficking Marijuana by possession
- Felony trafficking Marijuana by transport
- Felony possession with intent to sell or deliver Marijuana
- Felony maintaining a vehicle for the sale of a controlled substance
- Misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia