CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE)- Hungry Heroes partnered with a local church to serve up well-deserved meals to first responders in the area.
The event was held at the Police and Fire Training Academy on Shopton Road on Friday, Oct. 23. Hungry Heroes and New City Church teamed up, giving first responders free hot dog lunch plates.
Get breaking news alerts with the Queen City News mobile app. It’s FREE! Download for iOS or Android
“New City Church of Charlotte contacted us and wanted to give back and wanted to serve first responders. They saw us on social media, and probably the news, and they donated everything today. We also have church members here to give back and to actually serve,” a Hungry Heroes volunteer told FOX 46.
Hungry Heroes has held several events for first responders in the Charlotte area before, all to give back to those on the front lines.
MORE FROM FOX 46 CHARLOTTE
- Trump’s ‘zombie’ case lurches ahead of the pack
- California family files lawsuit against Amazon after driver kills 2 year-old girl
- 1 dead, 28 hurt after Illinois theater roof collapse before concert
- ‘This is all for you’: Miss NC USA wins crown days after boyfriend diagnosed with brain tumor
- Carolina Nationals hit Rock Hill for the weekend