CHARLOTTE, N.C. (QUEEN CITY NEWS) — A person was sent to the hospital after a two-story home in a northwest Charlotte neighborhood went up in flames Tuesday morning, according to officials.

The Charlotte Fire Department said the fire was reported at a home in the 900 block of Valley Ridge Road.

BE THE FIRST TO KNOW: Sign up here for QC News Alerts and get breaking news sent straight to your inbox

Firefighters arrived at the home to see “heavy fire showing.”

Medic confirmed one person was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.

Fire officials said the incident was caused by an electrical issue in the garage. The damage was estimated to cost around $110,000.

Two adults and a child were displaced. Officials said the family was were alerted to the blaze by working fire alarms.

This is a developing story; check back for updates.