CHARLOTTE, NC (FOX 46) — A popular theatre located on Queens Road in the Dilworth neighborhood is sorting through the aftermath of a fire that occurred overnight.
The theatre said in a social media post that the fire, which occurred early in the morning on Monday, was an electric fire and reported severe damage. Sound equipment, staging, lighting, and seating have all been affected.
“We are grateful that nobody was injured. We are grateful for first responders who saved what they could. And we are grateful for this theatre community.”
An initial investigation showed the fire was accidental and involved the HVAC unit.
CFD estimated $50,000 in property loss.
- Queen City Hometown: See our stop in Mooresville
- Buttigieg: Transportation Department reviewing hazardous material definitions after East Palestine disaster
- Off-duty pilot steps in to help land Southwest flight after pilot becomes ‘incapacitated’
- The top barbecue joint in every state, according to Yelp
- Jeffries waves aside plan to raise debt limit with House discharge petition