CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE)- A death investigation is underway in northeast Charlotte after a man believed to be the brother of rapper DaBaby died from a gunshot wound.
Around 1:39 p.m., officers responded to 10230 Berkeley Place Drive in reference to an assault with deadly weapon call.
Upon arrival, police found a man, later identified as 34-year-old Glenn Johnson, who had sustained a gunshot wound.
He was taken by Medic to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The incident is currently classified as a death investigation. If foul play is determined to be involved, a subsequent update will be provided by police.
MORE FROM FOX 46 CHARLOTTE
- FAILURE TO PURSUE: SC Highway Patrol supervisor demoted for not pursuing DUI charge of public official
- ‘Honor them any way possible’: Tuskegee airman buried at Salisbury cemetery 79 years after death
- Slew of retirements from Congress potentially signaling new wave
- ‘Who would do that?’ Cornelius wreath thief targets local business
- Where was Donald Trump during the Republican debate?