GASTON COUNTY, N.C. (QUEEN CITY NEWS) – Authorities in Gaston County are investigating a series of shootings that occurred in the area that sent several people to the hospital.

The three shootings occurred along Pryor Street, Southside Avenue, and Rocky Ridge Way.

One of the three incidents, located in the 300 block of Pear Street, happened at 9:15 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 28. Gastonia Police said Jabari Meeks, was found with a gunshot wound to the arm in the area. He was treated at the scene for minor injuries, police said.

Meeks told officers that he was initially shot in the 300 block of Pryor Street. Officers responded to that location, where they arrested Lizzie Lanell Littlejohn for assault with a deadly weapon.

The second of three shootings, in the 500 block of Southside Avenue, happened at 11:50 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 28. Gastonia Police said as officers got to the scene, they found Daniel Rahmel Simmons, with a gunshot wound, lying in front of an apartment building.

Simmons was rushed to the hospital where he underwent surgery for his injuries and is currently in stable condition, Gastonia Police said.

Detectives continue to actively investigate this shooting.

The third of three shootings happened at 118 Rocky Ridge Way at 1:04 a.m. Friday, Sept. 29, in Gastonia. Gaston County Police said as officers arrived, they found Shane Lamar Woody, suffering from a gunshot wound. Woody was taken to CaroMont Regional Medical Center where he later died from his injuries.

Gaston County officers were able to detain one suspect at the scene, identified as Christopher Joseph Brewer. He was initially charged with first-degree attempted murder, attempted robbery, and conspiracy. His charges were upgraded to first-degree murder following Woody’s death.

A second suspect in this case, Jerry Jerome Johnson Jr., who had escaped before Gaston County Police arrived at the scene, was later arrested by the F.A.S.T. team. Johnson was charged with first-degree attempted murder, attempted armed robbery, and conspiracy. Johnson’s charges were later upgraded to first-degree murder after Woody passed away in the hospital.

Both suspects in this case are being held without bond.

The investigation into these cases is ongoing.

This is a developing story; check back for updates.