SALISBURY, N.C. (QUEEN CITY NEWS) — A Novant employee is one of 15 charged following a prostitution sting in Salisbury, the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office and Novant Health confirmed.
On Wednesday, October 18, Novant Health confirmed that 63-year-old Radiology manager Jay Hue Streater was one of several charged. A spokesperson said Streater was employed by Novant from 2005 to 2010 and rehired in 2016.
Queen City News is tracking CRIME in your area 🚨 >> Latest stories here
“We are reviewing the matter internally but can confirm he is currently on leave,” Novant said in a statement.
15 men total were charged with soliciting prostitution during an investigation that took place between October 10th and 14th, the Sheriff’s Office said on Monday, October 16.
“The behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated in our community,” the sheriff’s office said. “North Carolina statutes list solicitation of prostitution as a misdemeanor offense, however after one conviction, the act becomes a felony.”
Deputies said the offenses all occurred on North Long Street.
The Sheriff’s office released a list of those charged.
- Harold Lamont Heilig, 62, Salisbury
- Edwing Antonio Espinoza Charez, 30, Charlotte
- Clarence Kelly Jr, 50, Salisbury
- Howard McGrady, 80, Landis
- Neil Tafarrio Willoughby, 56, Salisbury
- Max Clarence Lee Allen, 28, Salisbury
- Felix Salvador Martinez Franco, 44, Charlotte
- Phillip Vaughn Blackmon, 69, Salisbury
- Amiri Tourialai, 35, Charlotte
- Dennis Joel Santos, 39, Spencer
- Pedro Antonio Vasquis Funes, 59, Salisbury
- Joe Alan Parker, 51, Rockwell
- Willie Lee Hayes, 75, Salisbury
- Heriberto Garcia Cruz, 60, Salisbury
- Jay Hue Streater, 63