UNION COUNTY, N.C. (QUEEN CITY NEWS) – A lottery player beat some big-time odds after purchasing a ticket from a grocery store in Indian Trail, the North Carolina Lottery announced on Wednesday.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW: Sign up here for QC News Alerts and get breaking news sent straight to your inbox
The lucky ticket purchased was a $2 ticket bought at a Food Lion on Idlewild Road in Indian Trail.
All five white balls matched, making it a $1 million prize. The odds of winning were 1 in 12.6 million. The winner has 180 days to claim the prize.
- Homeless woman wanted for death of unborn son, deputies say
- PHOTOS: Tornado causes damage across central Arkansas
- Gusty winds, showers expected Saturday morning
- ‘I get to come back to my girls. Thank you’: Matthews man meets workers that saved his life
- What we know about the Fort Campbell soldiers killed in Black Hawk helicopter crash
Nobody won Tuesday’s national drawing, raising Friday’s jackpot to $254 million.