MEXICO/ATHENS, Ga. (WJBF) – A GoFundMe account has been started for University of Georgia student, Liza Burke.
According to the site, Liza was on vacation in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico when she complained of have a headache and returned to her room to lie down.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW: Sign up here for QC News Alerts and get breaking news sent straight to your inbox
A few hours later, her friends called the doctor because they couldn’t wake her.
She was immediately rushed to the hospital where she was diagnosed with Arteriovenous malformation (AVM) which cause her brain to hemorrhage.
Liza is currently on life support in Mexico.
- Pence blasts Biden for ‘vacuum of leadership’ on administration’s response to China, Russia
- Four key takeaways as lawmakers grill TikTok CEO
- East Charlotte restaurant has smashed windows, covered in hot sauce
- AMBER Alert for missing 9-month-old in Greensboro
- Bible ban? School district reviewing the religious text after parent’s request
Her family agrees she should return to the U.S. as soon as possible to receive the best care possible.
All donations will help fund her life-flight transport from Mexico to Jacksonville, Florida.
Click here to donate.